"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves" --James Barrie







Monday, April 25, 2011

Sometimes Your Only Choice is to Laugh

I had an experience the other day that if I hadn't laughed I probably would have just cried, or worse yet, lost my temper with one of my sweet little ones.

There are a few phrases (and strange sounds) that every mother knows she doesn't ever want to hear emanating from the bathroom. I learned a new one the other day. I guess what made the whole incident so funny was the conversation he had with himself before he alerted me to the problem. This is what I heard:

Josh: "What?! Are you kidding me! That is just great, now I have to change my pajamas!"
(Strange mumblings and shuffling; I am all ears)
Josh: "Um, Mom? Could you come help me? I had a wee accident."
(Wee? are we Scottish now?)

Well if he meant wee as in small he was sadly mistaken. Perhaps he meant the other wee?

What I found: a very large puddle all over my newly mopped floor, a very confused little boy and soaking wet clothing. Did I also mention I had just finished putting away the last of the laundry and was actually all caught up?

Not to worry we mom's are pretty ingenious at finding laundry where you previously may have thought there was none. We cleaned everything and everybody up, started a new load of laundry, then I found Lance and had a really good laugh.

Poor Josh, he was one very surprised little boy, and I'm glad I was able to laugh it off, keep my cool and help him when he needed it. He is a good boy and I love him more than freshly mopped floors, but I am glad this little surprise is not the norm.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing that could have made it better is if he had an accent to go with it :p

    You do realize that someday he'll be embarrassed to learn that you posted this online. Although, I'm sure that he'll be in good company with thousands of other children all over the world with the same complaint.

    ReplyDelete