
Often while getting ready for school or church and it's time to get their hair done the girls will ask for braids. Then they say they plan on sleeping with their braids in so they can have "poodle hair" the next morning. We'll even braid their hair after a bath or shower when it's still wet and the curl stays in longer. There seems to be a problem though. Every time we take the braids out there is one section that is curl free. We have tried french braiding and regular braids (the only two I know how to do). We have tried just one and also one on either side of their heads. We have even tried some strange twisting their hair into little knobs all over their heads thing. Then one night Rebekah came to me with her solution. "Mom, I want

6 braids." I had my doubts about her actually keeping them in to sleep in but I gave it a try. She ended up with 8 braids all over her head. Katelyn came out, took one look and requested the same thing. I had even more doubts about her keeping them in all night but she also ended up with 8. Of course we had to take pictures.
Here is Before

Amazingly enough they both slept all night with 8 braids each and the next morning had the curliest of curly "Poodle Hair". And we still found sections without curl, but they were still happy and evidently got some comments at school (nice ones).


Here is the after


Not to be outdone, the boys had their own excitement with hair. Joshua found he could spike his hair(with a little help of course) and he had "Dinosaur Hair". Very cool!

I am most definitely wearing it like this to church tomorrow!

Hey, my hair is just naturally this cool!
What could we possibly do to top all of this excitement? Next post... "The Haircut"
I am so glad you have a blog! Hopefully now we can keep up with each other a little better. I sent the link to our blog to lance's email. Let me know if you don't get it.
ReplyDeleteSorry, it doesn't look like the e-mail went through.
ReplyDelete